Book Club Questions
Here are the questions for your book club.
Book Club Questions for Eli vs God (Word format)
Book Club Questions for Eli vs. God
- Which character do you feel you can most relate to in Eli vs. God?
- Eli’s story is not completely unique. What other characters (fictional, biblical or people you know) have stories similar to Eli’s?
- What themes can you identify throughout the book?
- If you could ask John Moelker one question, what would it be? (Email John at firstname.lastname@example.org and he will reply.)
- If you could ask Eli one question, what would it be?
- Is there any part of Eli’s story that you would have written differently?
- Do you feel as if you can relate to any of Eli’s experiences and how?
- How does God relentlessly pursue Eli?
- What other songs relate to the themes found in Eli vs. God?
- Do you think that the way the “world” of Eli is depicted in the book is realistic (eg. Springfield, Toronto, workplace, etc.)?
- What do you think are some of the author’s goals in telling this story?
- Discuss how religion, church and pastors are portrayed in this book.
- Did this book remind you of any other books that you have read?